Tuesday, 29 April 2008

thanks, my great-aunt

My great-aunt on the father's side passed away yesterday. And there was her funeral today. It was very sudden, I could not go back to our hometown, Hiroshima.

I met her when I attend a family function, but it was not so many times. But every time I meet her, she told me how nice my real mother was.

Because my real mother died about 6 months after I was born, I have no memories of her. So, I remember I felt awkward whenever my great-aunt started to talk about my real mother, and it was hard to reply.

She was a very talkative, cheerful and more tender-hearted person. I think it was three years ago when I met her last. At that time, she asked me why I didn't want to marry. I answered it was not true, I wanted to marry, but just I didn't have any chance to meet the man for me. She said "I can not die until I saw you be happy." And I said, "OK, I want you to live long, so I don't want to marry."

After that, the time to say goodbye, she let me grab 5,000yen in my palm, and said stroking my hand gently, "I'm sorry, I can not give you enough, I can not do anything for you."

it is hard to write. I can not write any more because I can't stop crying.

Hi, great-aunt, do you come and see me now? Can you see how I feel? Thank you for everything what you have done for me. I want to see you at least one more time to say thanks.




Thank you for reading.Japanese blog ranking site