Monday, 21 April 2008

a phone call

I got a phone call this morning from my father. He asked me whether he could offer to NEC to fix his PC without the guarantee card because his PC got a display trouble recently. After I gave him a note PC for his birthday present in 2005, the PC had broken within a year. But, he was not in trouble at that time, because NEC was famous for the greatest support in Japan, a staff came and checked the PC, and fixed completely.


I know if a PC had a hardware trouble within one year, the PC has a higher possibility of breakdown. So, I ordered extra 3 years guarantee after that. But I had NEC send the application form to my father's house, so I don't know the contract at all.

I said that I would e-mail him after checking my copy of the guarantee order form. However I could not log-in to NEC user site. If I was unable to log-in, I could not see the order information, so I decided to call to the support center at 9 a.m. sharp when it would be opened to request a new user-ID and password.


Although I called a toll-free phone number, the line was very very busy, so I was holding the phone over 15 minutes. But I felt good because the support was very functional system and the staff was kind. I said to him thanks a lot.


But, as I hung up the phone, I got an e-mail from my father like this.

"I found my guarantee card, I'm sorry for all the fuss, in spite of the early morning.


What??

Well, it will be nice that he can manage all of the trouble by himself. I'm glad to hear that.