Thursday, 10 April 2008

nothing special

I have nothing to write today.

I can not still finish my assignment. But I noticed one thing through my study. I've thought I would never want living, if I got the situation which is not to be able to act by myself in future. But it was selfish thinking. I learned that there are two different way of thinking about the essential nature of human-being. One is "homo sapiens", the other one is "homo patiens". I didn't know the word "homo patiens".

I've thought it was most important to be independent if you had the ability. I hated to rely on someone, and I could not stand being forced. But we are a part of nature, so we can not keep all of pain away, such as things coming from illness, death, and disasters. We have to accept all of them which not only joy but also pain. And we have to care each other whenever and whoever if someone was weak. Because we are all "homo patiens".

Apart from that, the Dalai Lama stopped over in Narita for 10 hours on his way to the U.S. He was smiling to the press all the time, it seems he is a very friendly person. I respect him because he is good listener in spite of being a supreme leader as well as a Nobel Prize winner.