Wednesday, 23 April 2008

rice cooker

It was my mother's birthday today. I sent two china bowls, a terra-cotta pot, and 10kg of rice.

Don't you think the last one is not suitable for birthday present? I think so, too.

In my year-end homecoming, my parents was talking about rice cooker over dinner. They was impressed by a different taste of rice which was steamed by new model rice cooker bought my mother's cousin. They wanted to buy one, but it cost over 100,000yen, so they've been still in two minds about that.

Although I wanted to buy it to my parents, I was unable to afford to. Then, I thought that it would be the same if grade of rice changed higher, instead of rice cooker. That's the reason I sent her the highest-quality rice.

I guess that she wasn't happy with the rice as she didn't know what I'd thought. But it's OK because rice never go to waste. I also sent a message to her cell phone: As you don't have to buy rice this month, you can buy something you want by the cost.


Apart from that, I am going to accomplish one of my assignments, planned to submit three days ago. I've not been able to concentrate recently, but thanks to a visitor of this blog, I've felt better now. He left me a message this morning, and I've visited his blog site. At the site, I read an article of the reason why he wanted to keep a diary in English. After I read it, I reread my first article which expressed my wishes. That reminded me that I've had some hopes.

I've borrowed three books from the library to write my overdue assignment. I'll get down to it now!



Thank you for reading.
Japanese blog ranking site