Friday, 18 April 2008

psychiatric medicine

I feel unwell today. Is the reason heavy rain today, or nobody accessing to my blog for now? No, it is neither of my business. I can not keep reading a textbook of psychiatric medicine.

There is no consistent pattern of symptoms in mental disorder. However a doctor has to decide a disease name to prescribe therapy or medication. But how? The more I am reading, the more I feel it is unreasonable.

In a sense, we live losing steady calm. If someone can keep one's calm at any moment, he/she must be another Buddha. It means each one suffer different type of stress from a lot of different type of mental activity. So, it can say everybody has different type of mental disorder.

I think if a patient could not relieve the stress, he/she would suffer another type of disease after an over-prescription.  Is it something we can call it as "cure"? I don't want to learn a huge number of nonsense words as just my knowledge .