My spring break was over. A package of the text books arrived last night. I ran through the bioethics book. There are a mountain of abstruse problems, such as brain death, right to die with dignity, morality of abortion, IVF (in vitro fertilization), fetal diagnosis etc.
As I'm in third grade this year, so I have to have been used to writing a essay already. I spent at least 2 week writing only one essay until last year. But I cannot take so long time to one essay this year. I will have to change how to approach to my assignment. I will stop starting first by a whole sentence comprehension, and define the problem first, then write out the key words from text.
I saw a title 'Pregnant man talks to Oprah Winfrey' on the BBC website. What's going on? I was really confused. Then I googled about the pregnant man on the Internet.
A married man who used to be a woman says that he is pregnant and will give birth to a baby girl in July. He is Thomas Beatie, 34, from the Pacific North West of the United States. Mr Beatie was born female, named Tracy Lagondino, but had gender reassignment surgery and is now legally male and married to a woman. He decided to carry a baby for his wife, Nancy, because she had a hysterectomy years ago. He was able to get pregnant because he kept his female organs when he switched genders.
I understood why he hoped to get pregnant but in my opinion, he shouldn't do that because their baby will get a lot of media attention. Who would know the worries and troubles in the child's mind? This issue is exactly a kind of bioethics. I think that being scientifically-valid is not the same as being socially-acceptable. This will be the same for the parents who just wanted to have a baby. But the baby also have a different personality. Anyway I will have to think over on this problem.