There is no doubt that Japanese education is completely wrong!!!!
I am furious to Japanese government. It is difficult to say in English how I think about Japanese education. I have poor English skill and now am sick. But I don't want to excuse myself. I'll just try to say in English.
Since I want to know about global population growth, I googled some keywords in both Japanese and English.
I could read some thoughtful comments at "Yahoo answer UK". But I was depressed when I read Japanese comment. If you are Japanese, please read here.
Somebody asked to us: "Don't you think that to save deprived children might become a vicious circle?"
And somebody replied: "You've got that right. Those who work as a volunteer is just self-pleased. The self-deception with not to take responsibility is the same as to feed the alley cat.
I don't think this merciless opinion is minority in Japan. When I learned about international cooperation, a professor asked us whether Japanese ODA budget have to be cut or not. All the students without me answered that we have to cut the budget. Of course I have doubt about the way of using ODA money. But if the way is wrong, we can change how to use. Japanese ODA is much less than 1% of Japanese GNI(Gross National Income). It was small(only 0.25% of GNI in 2006), not enough. The ODA is not only for developing countries but it will be good for Japan. We can not stand on our own feet because we have overpopulation for our small island. Making a real relationship with other countries is the only way to save our life.
Yesterday, I wrote global population growth, and said we can not say to India to be slow population growth. Because before World War II, Japanese women had 9-10 children in her lifetime. Why? Japanese need more labor, and many children died before grown-up.
After the Japanese population explosion, Japanese government started war, and recommended to emigrate.
After Japan lost World War II, we loaned huge money from the world funds. And we got plenty of aid supply from civilian agency. If nobody offer a helping hand, most Japanese children starved to death. It means we might not have been born.
I think Japanese education is completely wrong. It is important to learn that why and how we were saved by world aid. We don't have sense of charity because of wrong education. Just because Japanese are hard-workers does not mean Japan could develop.
Our grand-father or grand-mother were saved by humanistic aid, such as LARA(Licensed Agency for Relief of Asia), and CARE(Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere). For example, the amount of CARE's aid is about 400,000,000,000 yen if it converted at today's price. It was not loan but all grant aid. And if there weren't world lending fund, we can not rebuild our country and can not live like this.
If we don't learn our history correctly, Japan become merciless country. Don't you think so?