Wednesday, 28 May 2008

How could avoid risk?


My father e-mailed me this morning to be careful enough not to get involved in a murder case.

I understand why he said that. Now, the top news in Japan is a murder case of a women who were killed by a man who lived on the same floor in an apartment building in Tokyo Koto Ward.

What could you have done when next-door neighbor appeared suddenly and hold a knife to your throat? The case happened to the women when she just were entering into her room. The apartment has self-locking system, and there are security cameras, but they didn't work enough for security.

My apartment also has self-locking system, but I can not feel that it works for security. Nobody can refuse someone who try to go into the apartment following you. There's almost no meaning about having them.

When I was young, I had a horrible experience on my way home. A boy on a motor scooter was chasing me, and touched my behind by a pair of scissors again and again.

I was thinking while running how I should do.

If I ran into some-one's home, it would be worse when the door didn't open, the boy might stab my stomach by the scissors.

If I screamed on the road, the boy might run me down and run away.

Then, I finally decided to run into a house which several lights were on, then screamed as loud as I could "Open here!!".

The door was not open, but fortunately a women opened a window quickly, and she said to me "Can I call to police?"

Thanks to her, the boy ran away.

I suffered traumatic experience after that, but I could overcome it. I really think it's no use having a scare for everything. If you want to live in safety, you have no choice but to stay in jail. Only in jail, no-one has potential weapon. If you live out of jail, you carry risk as long as you live.


Maybe my father will worry about me, if he knew what I had done, and what I think now. So, I have to reply like this "Thank you for your concern. I'll be careful."




Thank you for reading.Japanese blog ranking site