Friday, 23 May 2008

Cotswold

I've just submitted two papers to tutors, so now I'm feeling great! I feel like drinking a lot tonight. Maybe after writing this, I'll make a dash for a supermarket to buy something alcoholic.

Anyway, have you been to the country side in England? A TV show (Sekai fushigi hakken) features Cotswold in England tomorrow night. I am really looking forward to watching the program. Why? Because I did home-stay near there!
The name of town I stayed is Cheltenham which locate in the center of Cotswold. So, my host-family took me for a drive to several villages sometimes.

I remember a memory whenever I heard the name Cotswold. When my host-family and I were walking in a narrow pass, some tourists were coming across from the other way. We all gave the way each other, and went off the pass, so nobody were walking when crossed each other. Then, we were smiling and greeting and joking while crossing. I really loved the conversation with strangers. So, I was excited when I saw some people in distance.

However, there were a bad memory in the pass. As Cotswold is the most famous as traditional English rural area, so, many Japanese tourists also visit there. When my host-family and I went off the pass to give them the way, despite the fact that they noticed what we did, went away walking in the center of the path for granted saying nothing and no-bowing. All of the Japanese regardless of age and sex were same as this.

Soon after coming back to Japan, there was a bad story again. When I were walking in pavement, a man on the bike were coming from behind. But he couldn't pass in pavement, so he went off to the road, and he went away saying to me, "Die!" ("Sine!" in Japanese)

I am not a person who is pure-hearted. But I was almost crying at that time. How come?




Thank you for reading.Japanese blog ranking site