quote (wikipedia): Eco-terrorism or ecoterrorism is neologism to describe terrorism conducted for the sake of ecological, environmental, or animal rights causes.
As you know, crew members of a Japanese research whaling ship had been stealing a large amount of whale meat they caught.
However, members of Greenpeace Japan had stolen several parcels from delivery company's distribution center to seize evidence.
Japanese whaling is legal. But I think anybody can do protest activity if you believe the hunting whales isn't right. However, you MUST NOT do any illegal protest.
Greenpeace is famous from the violent demonstrations. Despite their admirable assertion, people can not admit their activities. It is a pity that Greenpeace is assumed as Eco-terrorist. But nobody admit their activities as long as they do that illegal actions.
Though I say it as should not, I think sometimes like this, how would be nice if a sniper shot the military ruler of Myanmar. Honestly speaking I even think I want to be the sniper if I could. However that doesn't justify the killing. Even for the sake of saving many thousands people's life, we can not kill someone in the name of justice. We can not live out of legal framework.