I'm studying for my next test, psychiatric medicine and psychologic treatment. What I should memorize is extremely huge. I really hate the rote exercise. And in the test, there are some questions that the students can never give an answer to even if we memorized whole of the text book. That sort of test lose my motivation. I'm sure the professor is so mean that she makes her students be lost in a maze. But my obligation as a student is studying hard. So, it is no use complaining a lot to the professor...
Anyway, reading my psychologic treatment text book, my eyes were fixed on a word, "aversion therapy". The major use of aversion therapy is for the treatment of a bad habit. Whenever patients start the bad habit, simultaneously doctor gives patients "aversive stimulus" such as electric stimulus or chemical drug.
The therapy is a kind of punishment. I really surprised that the therapy is permitted by law.
The aversion therapy reminds me of a movie. Have you ever seen a movie titled "A Clockwork Orange" directed by Stanley Kubrick?
In the film, there are a scene of a fictitious therapy which based on aversion therapy. A doctor forces a prisoner to look at violence scene, and keeps giving drugs of vomiting simultaneously. So, after the therapy, the prisoner can not help vomiting whenever trying violence.
I never recommend you to see it if you are suffering from trauma of violent action. There are a lot of ultraviolence scenes and horrible rape scenes.
However I recommend you to see it if you have a lot of social conscious. Because you can not help considering the ultimate social ills from the film.