Global Peace Index 2008 : The ground-breaking Global Peace Index (GPI) has been expanded and updated with the latest available figures for 2008, a year on from the completion of the first GPI, which ranked 121 nations according to their relative states of peace.
-Global Peace Index 2008-
Rank Country
1 Iceland
2 Denmark
3 Norway
4 New Zealand
5 Japan
6 Ireland
7 Portugal
8 Finland
9 Luxembourg
10 Austria
Japan is ranked No5. However it is not a pleasure to hear that. I'm feel awkward about this ranking somewhat.
To keep the peace of country, almost all the nations take a lot of effort in the world. But the Japanese people take peace for granted. Most of the Japanese are peace-addicted.
I think most Japanese never believe in public officers and lawmakers. We know they cannot take measures enough for anti-earthquake, stockpiling food, self-defense, etc. However most Japanese people try to empty our mind about the situation. And we are indifferent in politics. I can not understand the nerve of Japanese.
People in the Congress reflect the citizen. All politicians care only about their-self because every citizen only think about your own pleasure.