Why'd it have to be chilly today? It's April tomorrow it's it? I've already put away the kotatsu(a kind of heater) the day before yesterday. That's just the way of it? But I shouldn't complain of the temperature of Tokyo. This area is much better than the north part of Japan. The weather forecast said the north part are covered with snow again. The buds of cherry must be freezing there.
I watched an old black-and-white film titled "The Apartment". It was more excellent than I expected. The film made me feel at ease. Jack Lemmon was something else. He played Baxter who was lonely clerk for an insurance company, and was the best person to play this role. And the film director is Billy Wilder, Jewish-American. He is a great storyteller, especially when it comes to bitter irony, comical, heartwarming stories.
Here's one of the comical scenes in the movie. It was when Baxter met Sheldrake(Fred MacMurray), who is the personnel director, for the first time. I don't remember the lines correctly, but it was like these. Baxter was called from Sheldrake, so he was expecting to be promoted. But Sheldrake blamed him because Sheldrake had known some his managers made him lend his apartment as their love nest in return for his promotion. Baxter excused himself why it happened with four managers, and promised him to refuse them any more. --Baxter just wanted to do so because he caught a cold staying at a bench of the park through the night.-- After hearing that, Sheldrake called the managers four rotten apples. Baxter said by way of apology "Only four in all employees shot are small ratio." Even though Sheldrake blamed him, he hoped to use his apartment same like four managers. Then Sheldrake asked Baxter that he had to be quick-thinking person if he deserved the post. So, Baxter replied "Both four rotten apples and five rotten apples are about the same ratio." It was so funny!!
Because of my strange English, you wouldn't understand what would be funny. But you don't have to understand. Just check it out. I really recommend it for you. This is not only comedy but also heart-warming human story. I'm sure everybody like it.
Wikipedia : The Apartment