Sunday, 16 March 2008

Yushima Tenmangu



Yushima Tenmangu is famous for Japanese apricot "Ume", and hold a festival of Ume in this season.

But... if you want to have leisurely hours in the shrine, you had better not visit there during the festival. It will be OK to watch the events such as a Japanese drum's performance. But it will be hassle to see blossoms because many stalls is opened in front of trees.

I could find only one proper place to take pictures. I asked my friend to take a picture of me with blossoms. But my camera had been turned to video recording (it's my fault.), so no matter how many times it was pushed, the shutter did not make a sound. We finally gave up to take a picture because there were long queue after us.

After that, we checked the camera, and watched two video recordings.
In the video, I had said "Hurry up!!", so I felt awkward...
I recommend you to visit there soon after the festival.


I took this picture over the stall's roof. (Saturday 8 March)


Yushima Tenmangu Official Homepage