South Korea reported: "President Lee Myung-bak Wednesday urged North Korea to completely abandon its nuclear weapons program to pave the ground for inter-Korean peace and closer economic cooperation."
In my opinion, the new President of South Korea is far better than the Japanese premier. It seems he has a clear vision toward economic recovery, and strong belief about human rights.
However, I see his aim from his statements, but I cannot understand his plan. He said that the cross-border cooperation projects would be continued, and South would keep shipping the humanitarian aid to North.
I think the clever President know that North never use the revenue of the project to deprived people, and executive officer dominate the shipment of humanitarian aid. It is well-known scenes that aided rice is sold in the black market in North, and the poor do not get it.
But I have some hopes, for he said there was still room for improvement about the projects. I hope that South would supply the shipments for the North poverty by the hand.
The Hankyoreh : Lee steps up anti-nuclear pressure on N. Korea