CNN reported: "Asian stocks plunged(decreased suddenly) and the dollar sank Monday after JPMorgan Chase said it would acquire troubled U.S. investment bank Bear Stearns, signaling to investors the depths(most serious part) of the credit crisis."
Did this news stun(made unconscious) investors? Oh dear... Is the great depression coming again? I hope NOT!
CNN reported the dollar plunged to 95.72 yen this morning. But, when I checked FX trading site early in the evening , US Dollar to the Japanese Yen currency exchange rate was 97.25yen. so it seems getting back slowly. And also CNN said that Japanese export industries such as automobile industry are concerned about high-yen recession. Yeah, it's true enough. However we've already been standing lasting recession for more than 10 years, so Japan would somehow withstand this economic shocks. I hope!
To tell you the trues, an appraisal(a judgement of the value) loss of my stock is slumping from last summer. If now I made it up in the red, my initial investment would be decreased by half. But,,, in spite of my finance crisis, somehow, I think like that "The future will take care of itself". I am a nonprofessional person about investment, so it would be best not to struggle in vain. As the proverb goes, "Haste makes waste." right?
Anyway. I wonder if this kind of crisis is related to my brother. I'm not sure, but he work for a big securities company as a manager of syndicate division. Although he and I were very close family until grown-up, we don't keep in touch. Of course, I'd like to call on him sometimes, but it is enough for me to cherish the days of our childhood. I don't want to bother him because he hardly even have enough time to chat with his wife.
I am sending him an e-mail tonight to say happy birthday. Although I know he won't reply, it's OK. This is just annual custom. Have a good fun dinner with your wife, my brother!
PS My brother e-mailed me at midnight. He just said that mind my own business. It was very my brother, and really true. I think he is still sarcastic but was glad to hear that.
CNN Business News : Asian markets, U.S. dollar plunge