Today is the spring equinox, a holiday in Japan. People visit their ancestors' grave for Buddhist ceremony because they say the souls of the dead come back to this world. I live at far from ancestors' grave, so I prayed in my heart.
I am very excited because Figure Skating Championships started with the ladies Short Program!!
My favorite skater Mao Asada marked 64.10 as 2nd place. I know, this is her best season's score, but her performance was not perfect. She could do 3-3 combination jump perfectly, and step sequence were breathtaking, they were super-brilliant!! But... she couldn't keep the outside-edge position with triple lutz, and toward the end couldn't keep same position with spins. However I am sure she will correct today's miss-points tomorrow. She is without excuse whatever happened, so she always makes restitution for own mistake, that's way I like her. Go for it, Mao! I am standing by you.
And I like Yukari Nakano too. She is not so gorgeous and her performance is sort of general, I think. But she can exactly perform as well as training on her stage. She said that she did not have talent in skating, but she had confidence because she had done training more enough. I also hope to watch her perfect performance again tomorrow.
I should briefly address Yu-Na KIM. She is the greatest competitor for Mao. But she was not at her best yet from a repetitive injury. I though that her performance was less powerful than last year's one. But it can be happen that she wins first prise tomorrow. She trail Kostner by less than 5 points.
The results of Ladies Short Program
1 Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) TSS 64.28 (TES/ PCS 36.34/27.94)
2 Mao ASADA (JPN) TSS 64.10 (TES/ PCS 35.22/28.88)
3 Yukari NAKANO (JPN) TSS 61.10 (TES/ PCS 34.83/26.27)
4 Kiira KORPI (FIN) TSS 60.58 (TES/ PCS 34.22/26.36)
5 Yu-Na KIM (KOR) TSS 59.85 (TES/ PCS 32.71/28.14)
TSS; Total Segment Score
TES; Technical Element Score
PCS; Program Component Score
You Tube : Mao Asada - 2008 Worlds SP (British Eurosport)