Friday, 21 March 2008

FS Championships -FP-

ISU reported: "When Mao Asada fell on her opening triple Axel and went right into the barrier, very few would have imagined and predicted she would win the ISU Figure Skating World Championships 2008. But she remained so focused that she later performed a flawless program. She garnered overall 185.56 points. Carolina Kostner, Italy, who was in the lead after the Short program, made her way through second place with a total score of 184.68 points. The bronze medal was awarded to Korea’s Yu-Na Kim, who earned 183.23 points in total, after winning the free skate segment."


From last season to early this season, Mao has been faced with difficult trials. Nobody know why but her jumps were lack of stability. So, she shed tears of mortification in the Kiss&Cry many times.
But it seems all her trials have a profound meaning... I mean, as they say, "Afflictions are sent to us by God for our good." Now, we see that Mao underwent the trials, that's why she could regain her concentration immediately. After her performance I didn't care at all whether she would get the medal or not. Her admirable spirit and attitude have been moving me sooooooooo deeply.

Ap sports reported, Asada said. "I learned that I still can make up for the mistake if the other elements are good," "Never give up. That's what I learned this year."
Good for Mao!! You got it finally! You learned experience is what matters most. I admire you.


Even more surprisingly, only Yukari Nakano performed own program perfectly at the free program competition. Well done, well done!!! She received a standing ovation. But her score was much lower than audiences expected. It caused a booing from an audience. What a shabby scoring system!! It must be controversial. Even though, she made a big smile in the Kiss&Cry. And in an interview, she said she felt satisfied because she had done everything she could do now. What a lovely lady! I already mentioned yesterday, Japanese media few pick up her, in spite of one of top athletes. But I think she have a lots of fans who like her patient attitude toward skating. I hope she will improve her technical level of each elements. Keep it up, Yukari!


The results of Ladies World Figure Skating Championships 2008

1 Mao ASADA (JPN) 185.56 Points SP/FS 2/2
2 Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) 184.68 Points SP/FS 1/3
3 Yu-Na KIM (KOR) 183.23 Points SP/FS 5/1
4 Yukari NAKANO (JPN ) 177.40 Points SP/FS 3/4
5 Joannie ROCHETTE (CAN)174.12 Points SP/FS 6/5



Mao smiles as Yu-Na congratulates her.



ISU WORLD FIGURE SKATING SHAMPIONSHIPS 2008: EVENT TIFOMATION

You tube : Mao Asada 2008 Worlds FS (British Eurosport)

You tube : Yukari Nakano 2008 Worlds FS (British Eurosport)