Tuesday, 10 June 2008

repeat-phobia

-phobia : a strong unreasonable fear or hatred of a particular thing (From the Oxford English Dictionary)

Acrophobia is well known as extreme fear of heights. Among other related words, claustrophobia (fear of being in a small confined place) and aviophobia (fear of flying in an airplane) are as famous for the major phobia.

I am not afraid of that kind of things. However, I suffer from "repeat-phobia."

Some of you could guess what repeat-phobia means. It means hearing same things again and again and again and again. I made the word tonight.

Last month, a man who looks like in his 30s moved to the next door in my apartment. About two weeks later, he suddenly opened a window, and started singing loudly in the night. That has been continuing almost every night. I thought that he must have been under a lot of stress, but when he got used to a new environment, it would be stop. Then, I put up with it for two weeks.


However, he sings the same part of the same song over and over again, so finally he gets on my nerves. I can tell I'm sort of tolerant, but I can't stand it any more!

Do you know the song of Masatoshi Nakamura titled "Fureai. (Mutual Touch)"

Please imagine a man shouts this part over and over again,: "no one can live alone♪"

Then, after singing the part repeatedly, comes back to the part, : "casual mutual touch of hearts brings happiness♪"

And he repeats the same part again....


It happened again tonight. I almost screamed.

However I have to endure this situation. So whenever he starts singing, I wear headphones and play a CD at top volume. I'm wondering until when it continues.

Nin Nin...


Thank you for reading.Japanese blog ranking site