Friday, 13 June 2008

death

I started studying a part of clinical psychology, "Thanatology". In this field, a psychiatrist, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, is very famous, and her book, "On Death and Dying", is a bible for terminal care.

In these years, to face the death is a little boom. In the library, there are many books which theme is how takes people's death for granted. But, I wonder why people need to learn about death from books.

As for me, death is not anything special at all. Maybe, it's because I was grown up in a country side. I used to stay on the roof in the night, and looked at the stars for many hours. It was extremely important for me to imagine the birth and the future of the universe. Although I never ever think the most excellent creatures in the world is human being, the noticeable feature of human being is, we can say, having great imagination. As for the rest, we are just only single species of creatures.

We learned that people's importance of life is as heavy as the earth. What a stupid idea!
I think, if your all thinking is only about yourself, your life would be the same as your weight. And if you loved only money and material, your life would be the same as the stuffs' weight.

But, if you think you are a part of the universe, your life would be the same as the unmeasured universe. You all know, death is a natural part of life, but you might be scared of death. It's because you have imagination of human being. However, it will be much better to work your imagination more freely and creatively about death. That your imagination might lead you toward different way.


Thank you for reading.Japanese blog ranking site