My host-family Brenda gave me an e-mail, so I wrote back to her today.
Hi Brenda and Colin.
I'm really glad to hear what you have been up to. And my birthday was a week earlier than Clair's. Thank you for greeting for my birthday.
I'm fine, and get course credits at a steady pace. And I keep a diary in English with a goal of 100 days. (Although I've been writing for 83 days for now, I cannot say my English is getting better. Never mind! This kind of things happens all the time.)
You all had a good time with Claire in the three-day weekend. Good for you! I remember you and Claire enjoyed scrabble sometimes. I was extremely terrible at the game, but Claire was a good competitor of you. Don't you remember that you asked me to use my electric dictionary when you two could not seek a proper word in the game? I was a bit happy you asked me:-)
And,Great!!! you started learning how to play golf! I remember your saying that you might start golfing to have MORE time with Colin. You are as active as ever, aren't you! I know Colin is a good coach of you. Colin let me play golf at the neighborhood golf course. I like driving-shot but hate putting-shot, so I tended to be in a bad mood on the green, but Colin was very patient and kind to me. Please let me know again when you had a debut game. I wish I could play with you all. I'd really like to do that...
A few weeks ago, I watched a TV show which featured Cotswold. I recognized the river, the villages, the hills and pathways. Those lovely sceneries soften my heart. But I was really missing you while watching the show. Although I love every scenery, I wouldn't like to visit there again if you weren't there. I think these places are special for me because of loving you all.
Anyway, you have some guests in weekend? It will be another busy weekend again. I wish I could help you in the kitchen. During my home-staying, a lot of your friends visited your home. I remember all of them so well. They all were very nice to me! And I learned a lot from you what hearty hospitality is. Do you remember that Allan and Barbara sent me a tea cloth for my good serving? In my room, it still has been hooked.
It is almost one year after devastating flood. I worry about English weather this year too. Hope everything goes well with you. See you soon!!
Lots of love xxx
Yuki