Sunday, 8 June 2008

Getting on subway

Tonight, I watched a movie titled "Getting on subway" on TV for the first time. I've read the novel several years ago. Although I had known to make a movie from the novel, I didn't want to see the movie. Because the description in the novel was a full of nostalgic feeling, I had thought it would be difficult to describe the nostalgic world by film.

However the movie wasn't ruined by excess performance. The main character, Shinichi Tsutsumi, was very good with natural performance.
All of the sets looks quite cheap, but the story line was kept in an effort.

The theme for the story is something feeling continuous everywhere, it's linking even from past to present. The main character experiences time-travels by subway, then sees the history of his father whose heart was screwed by the war.

After seeing this movie, you might feel that you know nothing about your dearest family and friends. And, you might feel that it's not so bad to talk with your dearests about each other's past.



Thank you for reading.Japanese blog ranking site