Saturday, 14 June 2008

earthquake country

The earthquake hit in Iwate Prefecture this morning.
I'm praying for the victims of the disaster, and hoping to more victims are rescued without delay. And also I hope nobody involve in the secondary disaster of the landslide.



TV news reported that the nuclear power plant in Miyagi prefecture was working as normal, even after this earthquake.
It is famous that Japanese nuclear plants are designed to withstand earthquakes, and in potentially big earth movement, be supposed to shut down safely.

But, who can say they are 100% safe?
If 8 magnitude earthquake hit just under the nuclear power plant, who would know any radiation never leak?

According to Japanese Government, worldwide about 20% of the earthquake with a magnitude of 6.0 or larger hit Japan.

However, electric power rely on nuclear power more and more in Japan. The number of nuclear power plant is 67(including under construction).

Now, Japan is driving to develop alternative energy sources of petroleum oil. But I really want to avoid to rely on nuclear power more than ever. Because Japan is an earthquake country.

But before complaining, I need more good idea to reduce electricity use in my home by myself. First of all, I'll go to bed earlier:)



Thank you for reading.Japanese blog ranking site