Thursday, 22 October 2009

correction-1

I have exchanged e-mail messages many times with people who learn second language, but it was difficult to keep in touch.

I guess the reason is like these.
If you are an advanced Japanese learner, you will talk about specific topics, not about neutral topic like the weather.
However, in that case, generally, the favorite topics would be anime, game, J-pop, romantic, and so on. I'm afraid I'm not keen to these Japanese subculture, and it was not my purpose to start a private conversation with men.
So, sooner or later, it would be difficult to share opinions on common topics. Then it would end up a natural death.

On the other hand, if you are a primary Japanese learner, you will realize soon that you have to do first is to simply learn basic words by heart. Then you would feel bother to write emails in your native language. This often happens with among language exchange learners.

I got an email at a web site which is for the sake of second language learners. I'm not sure this relationship will be continue or not, but hope to keep in touch with her.

I'll note down all the exchange.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬ From : Christine
▬▬ Subject : hello
▬▬ Date : 2009-10-17 ▪ 04:45
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am from winnipeg , canada . my name on skype is * if you would like to talk on there . or feel free to add me to msn at * . I would like to learn more about japan as i plan to visit there someday . I have  儒ピッ気ネコ :) and i am san roku in age , and i live with my boyfriend of nana years .
じゃまたね
i have a website http://*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬ From : Yuki
▬▬ Subject : Re: hello
▬▬ Date : 2009-10-19 ▪ 13:19
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thank you for your mail. I'm glad to know you, Christene.
I visited your web site. It's very interesting. We Japanese almost never paint a distinct design on wall. Traditional Japanese-style room are partitioned by fusuma, which is sliding doors made of a wooden frame with paper. We change fusuma which printed a picture when feeling like changing the mood. You can see the traditional fusuma art on this site; http://www.amie.or.jp/daruma/Fusuma.html

You wrote you have 儒ピッ気ネコ. 儒ピッ気ネコ sounds the same as 十匹ネコ, it means 10 cats. So do you have 10 cats? Wow, it's incredible troublesome for me.
And you have a partner of long standing. Sounds wonderful! I live in Tokyo by myself almost 15 years. The marriage life is not so necessary for me, but I feel lonely sometimes.

I'm wondering if you would do me a favor. Could you tell me which part is unnatural in my English? I can't recognize it by myself, so it'd be a big help.
And I'd be happy to help you to learn Japanese. Please write down anything in Japanese. I'll correct your Japanese if you want.

My skype Id is *. Please connect me when you have a free time.
じゃまたね:D
Yuki

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬ From : Christine
▬▬ Subject : Re: hello
▬▬ Date : 2009-10-22 ▪ 05:43
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hi there ,
actually the only part that was a little unnatural was " Wow, it's incredible troublesome for me." I think you mean " wow that would be alot of work " and also "And you have a partner of long standing" may sound more smooth if it was " And you have had a partner a long time" . You must be very good at english to only make 2 small errors , you must have studied for many years to get that good . I cant even compete because i really dont know much japanese :( I find it very difficult to learn a second language or maybe its just because canadians are lazy www
but i would still like to learn things about the japanese culture so i will be prepared when i visit .and thank you for the website link it was amazing , it seems very similiar to what i do . Are they expensive ? Do people really change the designs alot ? oh and i was trying to figure out what japanese people use to cover windows , because we have blinds and drapes and if you could send me an idea or 2 about what japanese people use that would be awesome arigato .
I noticed you are on my skype so i guess we can just talk there in the future as i kinda like it better than here .
ja matane ~~~!
christine ^ ^