▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬ From : Yuki
▬▬ Subject : Re: hello
▬▬ Date : 2009-10-26 ▪ 16:30
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hi Christine.
Thank you for the corrections and a lot of information. You are sweet indeed.
Soon after getting your first mail, I watched the video (it's you laughing all the time) from your web site linking, and I felt you must be a lovely person, so then I asked you to correct my writing.
Now, you are kindly teaching me not only English but also how to live happily. It is exactly the most need for me now. I was lack of energy recently. I've forgotten the importance of smiling. You reminded me of it. Thank you!
I love Japan. And I'm glad to know you are planning to visit Japan. However, honestly speaking, I don't think you would be happy if your partner and you run a business in Japan.
In Japan, everything is systematic. We are not controlled from someone, but most of Japanese feel comfortable to walk along behind someone.
Do you know the proverb "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down"? We learn this proverb from a young age, then, our individuality are getting weaker. So I'm worry that Japanese businessmen would not respect your unique identity, and could not understand your humor.
Please don't feel bad about my opinion. I just wanted to tell you something as your friend. This might be completely different in the game industry, and I hope you to get a contract with CAPCON.
Anyway, I really like the expression "I totally sucked at it". I don't know how to use "suck" correctly, but it sounds cool! I understand why you kindly wrote down the slang version for me. A Japanese learner sent me an email. The sentences were perfect. But it's different from the everyday speaking. Then, it was hard for me to feel close to her because the expressions was too polite.
As for me, I'm mainly learning English to get a high score of Toeic test because I want to work at an international NGO. But I hope to learn a lot of useful expression in English, which are not only business-like but also for casual talking. So I need your help.
Sorry, I didn't notice I used the new word in Japanese.
- "dewa" is the same as "ja".
- "dewa" is short for "soredewa".
- "ja" is also short for "soreja".
- "soreja" is more casual than "soredewa".
- The both meaning is like a "well, then,".
- "mata" means "again".
- "ne" means nothing. (just sounds cute)
So, ja matane = dewa matane = well, (see you) again.
じゃまたね:)
Yuki
PS I think your partner and you are an ideal couple. Envy you!XD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬ From : Christine
▬▬ Subject : Re: hello
▬▬ Date : 2009-10-27 ▪ 08:53
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hi there ,
I reall like getting your emails , they make me happy :)
ok i figured id re write your message casual style for you :)
hey there ,
Thanks for the corrections and all the information. it was sweet of you .
right after i got your first email, I watched your video ( you laughing alot in it ) on your web site , and you seemed like a nice person, so then I asked you to correct my writing.
Now, you're not only teaching English but also how to be happy. It is exactly what i needed right now . I've had a lack of energy recently. I forgot how important it is to smile. You reminded me of it. Thank you!
I love Japan. And I'm glad to know you're gonna visit Japan. However, honestly speaking, I don't think you'll be happy if you and dean run a business in Japan.
In Japan, everything is systematic. We're not controlled by someone, but most of us feel comfortable to walk behind someone.
Do ya know the proverb "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down"? We learned this at young age, then, our individuality gets weaker. So I'm worried that Japanese businessmen wouldn't respect your unique identity, and won't understand your humor.
Please don't take it personally. I just wanted to tell you as your friend. This may however be completely different in the game industry, and I hope you to get a contract with CAPCOM.
Anyway, I really liked the expression "I totally sucked at it". I don't know how to use "suck" correctly, but it sounds cool! I understand why you wrote down the slang version for me. A Japanese learner sent me an email. The sentences were perfect. But it's different from everyday speaking. so, it was hard to feel close to her because her expressions were so polite.
As for me, I'm mainly learning English to get a high score of Toeic test because I want to work at an international NGO. But I hope to learn a lot of useful expression in English, that are not only business-like but also casual . So I need your help.
the end :)
I know what you mean about the fromal english that japanese people use , it does make it a little less personal . We usually don't use formal words unless we are a a politician , or maybe in a job interview , or if we meet the queen lol.
I looked up the toeic test andfound some practise test , i think they not written by english people , because it had some odd errors in it . it was strange like they used the word " verve " whcich although i have heard of but i dont think i have ever actually heard it used by anyone . I dont actually think people use it in sentances , wait im gonna google it lol ... ok i saw " verve" but it wasnt in sentances just the name of a band , hair salon , and magazines lol .
I also worry about the japanese sense of seriousness but i think a game company already has the ability to think outside the box and understand creative people . I mean capcom and i go back 20 years or more because of a game called attax that i spent alot of money on lol . And its kinda like say if you have a cat or you really love your car and i paint a picture of your cat or you infront of your car , then you will be very happy because thats your baby right ? well the game graphics that I'm sending them are all the way from canada and have all the hard work capcom did being honored . well even if they dont buy it i know they will still love it . oh and i talked to dean and he thought that maybe the very serious japanese thing wouldnt apply to us and maybe they would automatically be more relaxed about demeaner just because we aren't japanese .plus there should be a level of curiosity that should at least make them want to call me . ya know i called them once lol and they couldnt understand me , so they kept handing the phone around to people to see if anyone could understand me lol i ended up talking to about 6 different people and i had to eventually hang up just to let them off the hook from trying to help me lol .
by the way , you use the word cool very naturally :)
also i was